Tuesday, August 25

Two in one night!!

Separate from my little rant I wanted to share some songs that have been giving me hope, helping express my feelings and just plain saying what I'm thinking.  

Duffy
This artist rocks she's got these amazing lyrics, a smokey bluesy voice and she has two songs whose lyrics speak to me. 
I'm Scared 
The blank pages of my diary,
That I haven't touched since you left me,
The closed blinds in my home
See no light of day.
Dust gathers on my stereo
Cos I can't bare to hear the radio
The piano sits in a shaded space
With a picture of your face.

I'm scared to face another day
Cos the fear in me just won't go away.
In an instant, you were gone and I'm scared.

Coffee stains on your favorite book
Remind me of you so I can't take a look.
The magazines you left on the floor,
You won't need them anymore.

A towel left hangin on the wall,
No sign of wet foosteps in the hall
There's no smell of your sweet cologne.
I'm lying here alone.

I'm scared to face another day
Cos the fear in me just won't go away.
In an instant, you were gone and now I'm scared.


Distant Dreamer
Although you think I cope
My head is filled with hope of some place other than here
Although you think I smile
Inside and all the while I'm wondering about my destiny

I'm thinking about all the things
I'd like to do in my life
I'm a dreamer, a distant dreamer
Dreaming far away from today

Even when you see me frown my heart won't let me down
Because I know there's better things to come, woah yeah
And when life gets tough and I feel I've had enough
I hold on to a distant star


Miley Cyrus
Okay I know I'm a little old, but hey she does have a good voice and some of her stuff isn't too bad.  A guilty pleasure is her new song Party in the USA not deep but fun.  However it's the song The Climb that is really uplifting to me and helps me feel better. 
I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on


Billie Holliday
She's long been a favorite of mine, in fact she's who I'd listen to when Armin and I were first dating.  She can sing a love song but it's her blues I'm listening to now.  If you've never listened to her then listen up this woman is one of the best.  The song I'm loving the most is I'll be seeing you, there are other versions of this song out there but she does it best and brings out the depth that you miss with other artists. 
l'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through.

In that small cafe;
The park across the way;
The children's carousel;
The chestnut trees;
The wishin' well.

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day;
In every thing that's light and gay.
I'll always think of you that way.

I'll find you
In the morning sun
And when the night is new.
I'll be looking at the moon,
But I'll be seeing you.


There's always a lot more but these are the ones playing right now for me.  Maybe if ya'll like these I'll post some more recommendations for you.  I'll try to figure out a way to get these to play on my page for you...hmmm a challenge.  If not check them out they are worth it I promise. 

No comments: