Sunday, May 9

Pollyanna-ist

Why is it a bad thing to be a Pollyanna? Why is it considered good to complain about things but if you choose to be positive you are considered a freak or accused of being in-genuine?

The truth is that most of the time I do see the good in things. It's raining that's a good thing, why complain about something the earth needs and will pass away if you wait. I trip or stumble well I just choose to laugh about my clumsiness. I deal with a difficult person I try to keep perspective it's one person out of the thousands I interact with each week and I think I don't know why they're negative. Sometimes I do play the "glad game" and search for new ways to think of things that might be considered negative. I figure it's better to look for a bright side then just complain about the negative.

This last year this has been a blessing. No it wasn't good that Armin died but I choose to be positive and I choose to be thankful and look for the blessings that have come to me out of this tragedy and out of our life together. It's important to note that word CHOOSE everyday I have a choice do I wallow in misery or get up and look for the good this new day brings.

This also applies to my faith I could curse God for what has happened or I can choose to praise God for the good that is in my life and for his continued strength and blessings he pours out on me. I was reminded of this in the song "Blessed be your Name" which came on while I was driving home. For worship I'm pretty traditional but I like praise and worship music while I drive. I'm including the lyrics but the phrase that resonated with me tonight was "you give and take away and still I choose to say blessed be your name". It inspired me to encourage you to look for the positive and see the blessings to CHOOSE to be different. Join me and the other Pollyanna's we're not being fake- we are happy and we do see things differently and it's a good place to be. Make Monday your glad day and choose positivity, it's contagious, you'll see.

Blessed Be Your Name
 In the land that is plentiful 
Where Your streams of abundance flow 
Blessed be Your name  
Blessed Be Your name 
When I'm found in the desert place 
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name  
Every blessing 
You pour out 
I'll turn back to praise 
When the darkness closes in, 
Lord Still I will say  
Blessed be the name of the Lord
 Blessed be Your name
 Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your glorious name  
Blessed be Your name 
When the sun's shining down on me 
When the world's 'all as it should be'
 Blessed be Your name  
Blessed be Your name 
On the road marked with suffering 
Though there's pain in the offering 
Blessed be Your name     
 You give and take away 
You give and take away 
My heart will choose to say 
Lord, blessed be Your name

1 comment:

Jen said...

One of the main things I learned going through kidney failure and my transplant is that there's really very little in life that is worth getting upset over. You're right - looking for the silver lining is a choice. Sometimes it's a harder choice to make than at others, but we still must choose how we are going to react to what's around us.
LOVE that song - I have it on one of my Rebecca St. James CD's.