Thursday, January 3

Welcome

Okay so I finally bit the bullet and decided that if everyone else can share their opinions I wanted in. So I took my new years resolutions to stay better in touch with everyone and keep better track of my reading and combined them here into one hopefully fab blog. I'll be posting mini reviews and comments on what I'm reading and what's going on in my world.

The New Year is off to a good start, we rang it in by playing a little poker with friends and somehow the harder I tried to lose, the better I did so I ended up taking the pot (a whopping 30 dollars) which I figure is a good omen for the year to come. I've also been winning on the book front, I just finished reading the Guardian Series by Mary Jo Putney (Kiss of Fate, Stolen Magic and A Distant Magic) they moved quickly weren't too romancey and had some fun plot twists. A Distant Magic is the third book but is easily the best the main characters skip through time to try to put an end to the slave trade in the late 18th century. The historical research was well done and I felt like I learned a lot even while I enjoyed the story. In fact, I'll admit that I was late back from my coffee break at work because I was trying to finish the last few pages. I just couldn't put it down. I'm a little sorry how quickly I got through the series they were just that enjoyable but hopefully there will be more coming.

Well I should hie off to bed, I'm starting to read a so far great book by Mercedes Lackey and I'm eager to get back to it. I'll tell you all about it next time.

Meg

No comments: