Sunday, January 17

Trip Planning

Well it's now underway, I'm out of the dreaming phase and into the OMG AM I REALLY DOING THIS phase. In a little less than 3 weeks (eeeekkk) I'll be boarding a plane. Left a bunch of stuff to the last minute so the beginning of this week will be a flurry of last minute ASAP errands. I'm choosing to have faith it'll all fall into place. So the big question is where and when.

Well I leave Edmonton Feb. 4th two days later I arrive in Dehli where I'll be on a tour with a group for a month of Northern and Southern India ending in Kochi. http://atcadventure.gapadventures.com/trips/india-encompassed/AHHE/ (the link if you'd like more details)
Then I fly to London where I'll do some laundry and some light sightseeing for a few days then I get on the Eurostar and head back to Paris a city J'adore for lots of art time. I also despite my feelings of dorkiness will probably spend a day or so at EuroDisney. After all that it's back to London for a chance to dig a bit deeper into the city and nightlife for a week.
Egypt is next for me I'll fly to Cairo and then take a quick hop to Dahab a Mediterranean beach area for 5 days of sun, sand and relaxation time. Quick hop back to Cairo where I join my tour of Egypt for two weeks. The cool thing about this tour is that it's put on in partnership with Discovery Channel so we get the advantage of their knowledge and access. I also get to go to the ancient Alexandrian Library :-D YAY for nerds like me.
Finally I head back to London and this is where things aren't completely settled yet. I have three weeks to fill and I'm in the process of trying to book a rail tour of Great Britain, Scotland and maybe Ireland. I'll be making some calls this week and trying to get it settled. I think this could be a fun way to see lots in an easy way.
http://www.myguidebritain.com/railway (yet another link)
After all that it's a short flight home I'll be back on May 2nd. Whew and ready to rest.

I've been very lucky in having a friend who is looking to relocate to Edmonton so he'll be house and cat sitting for me for the whole 3 months. He's excited about it, the cats are blase but I think it'll be good for them to have someone with them but they keep their familiar home and routines. Also the added bonus of the house not being empty helps me feel more at ease with being gone so long.

There's a lot of nerves about going off alone but at the same time tons of excitement about living one of my dreams, extended world travel. This is also a way to tackle some of those things I haven't yet, eating out alone, meeting people, etc. but I think in the end this will be empowering for me.

Whew that's enough excitement to keep everyone happy for quite a while. Keep my in your prayers especially that all the details I need to finalize do fall into place.

No comments: