Thursday, July 23

Family Fun

Well I'm back from a fab visit to Racine Wi where we had our first Sattler family reunion in 28 years.  It was so cool to be with the cousins and I had some great visits and enjoyed watching the kids play.  We got to tour the SC Johnson admin building which was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright,  wow I love his stuff.  I ate my fill of Kringle, an amazing Danish pastry.  I shopped a little, got sunburned and came home exhausted.  It was nice to get out of town and away from my routines. Now it's back to home and getting it cleaned up, finishing some of those errands that I've been neglecting and dealing with the dog situation.  

Sadly I think Sabrina and I will have to part ways so I'll be surrendering her back to the SPCA this weekend if I'm strong enough to follow through with it.  I feel horrible, guilty and sad about this decision but I can't give her what she needs and I can't keep loosing furniture to her destructive tendancies.  I just hope she can find a home with people who can love her and be with her all the time.  This is really stressing me out but I don't have any other options.  

On another note I'm beginning to think about moving so I've been browsing on MLS.ca and it looks like this would be a good time to buy/sell for me.  I'm torn between a townhouse or an apartment condo and I'm not sure which I would prefer.  I guess I'll need to sit down and figure out exactly what I want/need in a place but so far I'm just in the fun window shopping phase.  I can't do anything till the bank settles the mortage with me and I'm still waiting for them to get their act together so I probably still have a bit of time to wait before I can even make any decisions.  In the meantime I'll continue to look and think about my options.  

I know I promised pictures but they'll have to wait for a bit, I have a bunch of housecleaning to do so all fun activities are suspended until that's done...I have to be tough on myself or nothing will get done. 

What I'm reading/listening to
So I've not been reading too much lately besides lots of magazines but if you're into art, scrapbooking, quilting or just puttering around check out the magazine Cloth, Paper, Scissors  it's amazing I've now subscribed to it.  Another great magazine I've just discovered is Somerset Studio the art of paper and mixed media.  Both of these have wonderful inspirational projects, good how to instructions and are just packed with great ideas.  I've also been rereading the Robin Owens Summoning series but they are just fluffy fantasy nothing that special or great but just really light reading.  
I've found a new artist I really like for music, Emilie Autumn.  Her stuff is an interesting blend of classical and punk.  Her lyrics are amazing she refrences a lot of classic literary heroines even as she's dealing with  modern problems.  Check her out she's well worth it.

Well enough procrastinating off to clean house, and get groceries.  
Megan

No comments: