Friday, July 31

Faithfullness

Okay my last post was a lot negative, sorry but I'm trying not to pull any punches and let you see all the sides of my grief process.  Today is a better day and I wanted to share some thoughts on my growth through this.  

Like most people when I was confirmed I was given a bible verse; mine was from Revelations  "Be faithful even unto the point of death and I will give you the crown of life". When it was given to me I had just lost both my grandfathers and my family was putting things back together after my Dad's accident and this verse helped me through that time.   It's been ringing in my ears a lot lately urging me not to turn my back on the faith that gives me strength.  This verse has often helped me but now it seems I'm staring death right in the eyes and I'm choosing faithfulness.  My reward will be long in coming but it's worth it.  

 Also,  I share my bad moments so that you can see how great the work God is doing in my life.  Paul writes, "His strength is made perfect in my weakness" and that is true in my own life.  Without the strength of my faith I would surrender and give in to my pain but instead I am able to get up and praise for the life I had and still have.  I can smile, laugh most days but it's true there are bad moments.  

I also owe a lot of thanks to so many people, who offer me their support be in phone calls, emails, help around the house, a distraction when I need it and so much more.  I will never be able to repay all the help I've received.  I'm blessed to have such an amazing community surrounding me at this time, thank you for your patience with me as I'm still slow to return calls, still taking more than I'm giving and still needing support.  

Thank You!
Meg



No comments: