Saturday, December 25

You're doing WHAT???

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs

While visiting with lots of people it invariably comes up about my New Year's resolution. I'm excited about it and challenged by it and want to inspire others to make changes in their lives. The biggest question I face is Why? I truly believe our world is doomed if we continue in our current behaviour patterns. The evidence seems clear we are destroying this planet, using up our resources and hurting each other through these patterns. I can't sit by and do nothing. Perhaps my decision seems extreme but it actually seemed to be the least I could do. I know that my small actions won't save the earth and alter the big patterns in place but they can be a place to start. If I make a change and it inspires someone else to make a change over time these changes can add up.

Want some other's viewpoint check out these links:
David Suzuki-Test Tube

No comments: