Tuesday, February 2

Packing List

I'm all packed except my toothbrush and some of my paper documents that I need to print off and it all fit in the one backpack and my purse. Whew and there's room for expansion (ie shopping) while I'm gone. I do plan on shipping stuff home occasionally and I know if I need I can buy a cheap suitcase in Europe because on the way home I'm allowed 2 checked bags but I figure the less I start out with the better. I'm really trying to travel light but prepared for any actuality. I think I've found a good balance and it helps to start with a great travel backpack from MEC. My month long trip and experiences in Europe last winter really helped me with this too. I also am super organized thanks to Kathryn's help and lots of pencil cases of different types to hold and organize things within my pack.

For those wondering what I packed here's the rough list:

Clothes

Underwear

Shirts

T-shirts

Socks

Trousers ( Pants, Jeans )

Sweater

Bra

Skirts

Shoes

Sandals ( Flip-flops )

Swimsuit

tights

Pyjamas

Scarf

Jacket

Long underwear


Money and documents

Passport

Visas

Vaccination certificate

Insurance certificate

Cash

Emergency money

Credit/ATM cards

ID card

Address list

Photocopies of passport and other important documents

Photographs for visas/passports etc

International Youth Hostel Card

Wallet

Paper folder

Airline tickets

Train tickets


Things for packing

Backpack

Expandable carry-on

Plastic bags ( Ziploc )

Stuff Sack


Miscellaneous equipment

Pens

Earplugs

Keys

Safety pins

Clothes line


Hygiene

Toilet bag

Razor

Extra blades for Razor

Toothbrush

Toothpaste

Soap

Soap box

Shampoo

Deodorant

Sunblock lotion

Make-up

Tampons

Hair brush

Barrettes, headbands, hair ties

Laundry soap

Laundry bag

Sink plug

Fingernail clippers

Moisturizer

Qtips

Tweezers


General health items

Prescription medicine

Insect repellent

Band-Aids ( Plaster )

First aid kit

Chewing gum

Pills, tablets and medicines

Water purifying tablets

Motion sickness tablets

Fever tablets

Pain killers

Allergy pills

Malaria tablets

Diarrhea medicine


General electrical items

Wall socket adapter

Watch

Bookmark reading light

Extra batteries

Digital camera

Memory cards

Battery charger

Associated cables

Camera bag

Music player

Headphones

EReader

1 comment:

Alex Free said...

Very impressive! and so exciting! Have a great time on your trip :-)